Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol and Matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I exported my COMSOL model in Matlab and tried to run it from there ...

When I run it by Matlab the program stops at this line throwing this exception...

Error in ==> prova at 622
model.result.dataset('cln1').set('method', 'twopoint');

??? Java exception occurred:
Exception:
com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException: Unknown dataset feature
- Tag: cln1

I tried also to run the program without it but it seems that other lines need this one ....

Thank You

3 Replies Last Post 2011年2月18日 GMT-5 10:39
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月18日 GMT-5 10:21
Hi

what do you get when you type just

>> model.result.dataset

? do you see Tag: cln1 in the list ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi what do you get when you type just >> model.result.dataset ? do you see Tag: cln1 in the list ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月18日 GMT-5 10:23
Hi Ivar,

I get

ans =

Type: Data Sets
Child tags: dset1
Hi Ivar, I get ans = Type: Data Sets Child tags: dset1

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月18日 GMT-5 10:39
Hi

I'm in the middle of a similar battle, to try to find my way, I have saved the model file as amph and loaded it into COMSOL GUI and turned the "Name and Tags" on

there are indeed a few typos in the LiveLink doc 4.1, probably due to the evolution of the interface and the software between 4.0 and 4.1.

I'm afraid I'm not better tooled than you for the time being, I see a long weekend studying matlab again ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm in the middle of a similar battle, to try to find my way, I have saved the model file as amph and loaded it into COMSOL GUI and turned the "Name and Tags" on there are indeed a few typos in the LiveLink doc 4.1, probably due to the evolution of the interface and the software between 4.0 and 4.1. I'm afraid I'm not better tooled than you for the time being, I see a long weekend studying matlab again ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.