Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

manually implementing PML in cylindrical coordinate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone knows the formula of "manually" implementing cylindrical PMLs (I don't want to use the built-in PML functions here). I remember the way to implement PML for a Cartesian coordinate is:

1) define attenuations for the media:
sx = a-bi, sy = a-b*i, sz = 1 (the wave will only gets attenuated in the x&y-direction, for example)

2) define tensor coefficients:
Lxx = sy*sz/sx, Lyy = sz*sx/sy, Lzz = sx*sy/sz

3) define the corresponding electrical permittivity tensor:
epsilon = [epsilon_x*Lxx 0 0; 0 epsilon_y*Lyy 0; 0 0 epsilon_z*Lzz]

Can anyone show me how the equivalent steps can be implemented in the cylindrical coordinate? Any coordinate transformation tricks that I can use? Thanks.

Yan W.

0 Replies Last Post 2011年2月11日 GMT-5 16:53
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yan Wang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.