Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling Percussive rock drill to decrease sound

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody.

I am thinking about modelling Percussive rock drill to estimate and decrease the sound which is obtained during the work. I appreciate if anyone has an idea. and about the difficulty doing that in COMSOL.

i am looking forward to hearing from you

kind regards,
alan

2 Replies Last Post 2011年2月11日 GMT-5 12:26
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月11日 GMT-5 01:35
Hi

then I would start to ask myself what is generating the noise ? the rock or the drill device ? and how are they related, then identify the physics needed to analyse that further, and finally to check with what is available in COSMOL.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi then I would start to ask myself what is generating the noise ? the rock or the drill device ? and how are they related, then identify the physics needed to analyse that further, and finally to check with what is available in COSMOL. -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月11日 GMT-5 12:26
hi

the idea is that the various parameters that are suspected to influence sound varied in order to propose appropriate future measurements on the drill steel to improve or validate the model. Some material from previous studies are available. And possibly a smaller sample could be performed.

The model could be performed by solving diffekvationer or FEM and BEM and FEM with analytical assumption of radiation from ythastigheten it could also be designed using the SEA analysis with specially written boundary conditions. The latter procedures may not come to describe the radiation of different geometries as well as FEM and BEM, but it could be used to increase understanding of the boundary condition.

best regards
hi the idea is that the various parameters that are suspected to influence sound varied in order to propose appropriate future measurements on the drill steel to improve or validate the model. Some material from previous studies are available. And possibly a smaller sample could be performed. The model could be performed by solving diffekvationer or FEM and BEM and FEM with analytical assumption of radiation from ythastigheten it could also be designed using the SEA analysis with specially written boundary conditions. The latter procedures may not come to describe the radiation of different geometries as well as FEM and BEM, but it could be used to increase understanding of the boundary condition. best regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.