Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error patching Comsol 4.1 (Windows)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

(this time I work on a windows machinge)
Trying to apply the newest patch for Comsol 4.1 on windows does not work..
I checked, that we are running at least the version, which is mentioned on the download page and tried to unzip the patch into the Comsl installation directory.

Following error occurs:
can`t create output file /Comsol41/lib/win64/flarray.dll

Anyone had this before and solved that?

Thanks a lot and have a nice evening,
Juergen

6 Replies Last Post 2011年2月11日 GMT-5 19:46

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月17日 GMT-5 15:13
Hello Juergen,

I've successfully installed the update on a 32-windows machine... though I see you have 64. I may need to do so on 64 too. Please update us on this issue

Good luck!
Stephan
Hello Juergen, I've successfully installed the update on a 32-windows machine... though I see you have 64. I may need to do so on 64 too. Please update us on this issue Good luck! Stephan

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月17日 GMT-5 15:43
Hi

I installed the 4.1.0.112 patch on both 32 bit and 64 bits Win-7 without any trouble, several months ago. Has anyting changed with the OS since ? as now everything gets so interconnected ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I installed the 4.1.0.112 patch on both 32 bit and 64 bits Win-7 without any trouble, several months ago. Has anyting changed with the OS since ? as now everything gets so interconnected ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月18日 GMT-5 07:38
I have emailed the comsol support team. As soon as I get an answer and the patching works, I will post the right steps here.

Thanks all,
Juergen
I have emailed the comsol support team. As soon as I get an answer and the patching works, I will post the right steps here. Thanks all, Juergen

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月19日 GMT-5 16:57
I just installed the patch on my Win-7 32 bit machine. However I received the same "unable to create .." error message with my Win XP 64 bit machine.
I just installed the patch on my Win-7 32 bit machine. However I received the same "unable to create .." error message with my Win XP 64 bit machine.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月20日 GMT-5 08:39
Hi all,

the comsol support wrote a very helpful email.
You need to stop all running comsol processes.
Although the Comsol program window was closed, the windows task manager still showed a running "comsol zombie" process.
When I stopped that one, I could install the patch successfully without that strange error message.

Hope that helps,
Juergen
Hi all, the comsol support wrote a very helpful email. You need to stop all running comsol processes. Although the Comsol program window was closed, the windows task manager still showed a running "comsol zombie" process. When I stopped that one, I could install the patch successfully without that strange error message. Hope that helps, Juergen

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月11日 GMT-5 19:46
Jurgen,
Thanks for the tip. I rebooted, then ran the installer again, and everything was able to unzip and install. I didn't have to kill any processes.
- Bob
Jurgen, Thanks for the tip. I rebooted, then ran the installer again, and everything was able to unzip and install. I didn't have to kill any processes. - Bob

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.