Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Delta-integration from physic mathematic

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I need to post-process an integration containing a 3d-delta function...The integration that I have to perform is written :

int_{dom(2)}F(x,y,z)*delta(x-x_0)*delta(y-y_0)dxdydz (1)
where the volumic-integration is performed inside a geometric complexe object (dom(2)).

I use the application weak form and the integration coupling variable to solve the previous integration...Unfortunately, I do not know what are the right parameters to type in the comsol-GUI in the "boundary settings" (weak ? dweak ?). The example that I found in the comsol's guide (to solve Poisson's equation for a delta source) does not work in the previous problem.

Have you some solutions to perform this integration with comsol ? What are the different steps to write (1) in comsol ?

Thank you for your help

Marc Vanderbeck

1 Reply Last Post 2011年1月11日 GMT-5 13:38

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月11日 GMT-5 13:38
No one ?
No one ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.