Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Progress log in Comsol 4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Back in Comsol 3.5a, when running a matlab script it was possible to adjust the behavior of the progress window via the command 'flreport'. Not only was it possible to turn off the progress window by using flreport('off') , it was also possible to redirect the progress log to a file, using flreport('file','filename'). Having the progress log written as a file was very handy when doing long simulations in matlab (e.g., without the Comsol GUI).

Does anyone know how to get back this functionality in Comsol 4 (4.1) ?

I looked at both the matlab LiveLink doc and at the comsol API doc, but couldn't find what I was looking for. The basic functionality of flreport ('on') or ('off') seems to be accessible via ModelUtil.showProgress(bool), but, from what I can see the possibility of redirected the progress log to a file seems to have been removed in the 'upgrade'...

Charles

6 Replies Last Post 2012年2月22日 GMT-5 04:23

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年12月9日 GMT-5 05:20
I would like to know the solution too. I have searched everywhere and this useful feature seems to be missing in v4.
I would like to know the solution too. I have searched everywhere and this useful feature seems to be missing in v4.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年12月14日 GMT-5 09:22
Just a quick update: I contacted support and was told that it is indeed impossible to redirect the progress log to a file in the most recent comsol versions.

They did however mention that they plan to re-introduce this feature at some later stage..

Charles
Just a quick update: I contacted support and was told that it is indeed impossible to redirect the progress log to a file in the most recent comsol versions. They did however mention that they plan to re-introduce this feature at some later stage.. Charles

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月8日 GMT-5 12:04
So, how can we know the solver progress ?
So, how can we know the solver progress ?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月8日 GMT-5 14:54
Hi

today its oly the solver log window I know about, last iteration is also stored in the solver node

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi today its oly the solver log window I know about, last iteration is also stored in the solver node -- Good luck Ivar

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月22日 GMT-5 03:54

today its oly the solver log window I know about, last iteration is also stored in the solver node

Hi

ModelUtil.showProgress(<filename>);

was introduced in Comsol 4.2a.

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
[QUOTE] today its oly the solver log window I know about, last iteration is also stored in the solver node [/QUOTE] Hi ModelUtil.showProgress(); was introduced in Comsol 4.2a. -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月22日 GMT-5 04:23
Hi Lars

that's interesting to know, missed it so far ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Lars that's interesting to know, missed it so far ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.