Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I am trying to mesh a u-shaped pipe surrounded by a concrete cylinder in a 3D model, the outlet of the u pipe is very sensitive and I need to have at least 100 mesh elements there (I am using free meshing and set the outlet boundary at 100 elements) and this leads to something like 200000 DOF for a 3 m long borehole, could you please let me know if there is a way to reduce the number of mesh elements.

Regards

1 Reply Last Post 2010年11月18日 GMT-5 05:22
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月18日 GMT-5 05:22
Hi

If you have a given volume and a small element volume you will end up with many elements, you can use the groth variable sometimes, try .

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi If you have a given volume and a small element volume you will end up with many elements, you can use the groth variable sometimes, try . -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.