Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

liquid thermal expansion by comsol?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I want to simulation air thermal expansion in a sealed chamber, leading to a deformation of PDMS thin membranes on the top of chamber. I can not find suitable example form COMSOl. Does anybody give some advices?Thank you!

3 Replies Last Post 2012年12月27日 GMT-5 21:04
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Wei Zhang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月4日 GMT-5 12:28
I'm interested in doing a similar thing. I can simulate the thermal expansion with solid mechanics but do not see how to combine that with liquid or gas domains. Have you had any luck with your simulation? Thank you.
I'm interested in doing a similar thing. I can simulate the thermal expansion with solid mechanics but do not see how to combine that with liquid or gas domains. Have you had any luck with your simulation? Thank you.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月14日 GMT-5 10:13
Until now, I haven't found good methods for the expansion
of liquid or gas. Maybe, you can use ideal gas equation to
calculate for gas domain!
Until now, I haven't found good methods for the expansion of liquid or gas. Maybe, you can use ideal gas equation to calculate for gas domain!

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年12月27日 GMT-5 21:04
Did any of you have any luck with this ? I need to model thermal expansion of a solid inside a liquid. Kindly let me know if you found something relevant.

Thanks,

Wassim
Did any of you have any luck with this ? I need to model thermal expansion of a solid inside a liquid. Kindly let me know if you found something relevant. Thanks, Wassim

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.