Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[Comsol 3.5a]how can i colour the subdomain?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I have to write a report of my analysis, so I want to take a picture of the geometry of my model and use it to describe the global geometry but I have a problem(I am able to export the image this is only a colour problem). In fact I would erase the transparency of each subdomain and I would colour each of them with a different colour. The only way that I know at this moment is to select the block with right click (mouse) yo obtain blue and use the left click to obtain red. I don't find the solution on pdf help. Somebody can help me? Do you think that there is a solution?
Thank you in advance for your attention
Luca

3 Replies Last Post 2011年3月15日 GMT-4 14:41
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年10月8日 GMT-4 07:41
Hi

I get around exactly how you say, with the "red" or the "bleu/green" colors that I document in the text.

With the groups and the BC you can set the colors at will, COMSOL proposes different automatically to help you dstinguish the BC's, I like that and usually keep th default ones.

Sometimes I make just a specific "sub"group for color enhancement purpose. Only one thing: an element can only belong to on a BC group as you define the physics therein, but you can have the same physics on one or more namd groups of different color.

Also since I been pushed on Vista, I'm often using the "Snip" tool to grap screen images, which allows to easier set up the desired view and then cut/paste it. Previously there was the "CNTR PRNT SCREEN" to get a full window you had to crop into your text. I have ended up using essentially the Snip tool, finding it is faster than most other specific applications that you must fire up and then play with a lot of buttons, at least so long you do not want to do anything fancy with your images.

Good luck
Ivar

Hi I get around exactly how you say, with the "red" or the "bleu/green" colors that I document in the text. With the groups and the BC you can set the colors at will, COMSOL proposes different automatically to help you dstinguish the BC's, I like that and usually keep th default ones. Sometimes I make just a specific "sub"group for color enhancement purpose. Only one thing: an element can only belong to on a BC group as you define the physics therein, but you can have the same physics on one or more namd groups of different color. Also since I been pushed on Vista, I'm often using the "Snip" tool to grap screen images, which allows to easier set up the desired view and then cut/paste it. Previously there was the "CNTR PRNT SCREEN" to get a full window you had to crop into your text. I have ended up using essentially the Snip tool, finding it is faster than most other specific applications that you must fire up and then play with a lot of buttons, at least so long you do not want to do anything fancy with your images. Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年10月8日 GMT-4 11:00
Hi Luca,

you can use a postprocessing operation in the postprocessing/Plot Parameters menu.
You have to choose domain index in the predefinite quantities splitting Geometry and Mesh menu (in Subdomain or Surface option according to your 3D or 2D geometrical model).

Eros
Hi Luca, you can use a postprocessing operation in the postprocessing/Plot Parameters menu. You have to choose domain index in the predefinite quantities splitting Geometry and Mesh menu (in Subdomain or Surface option according to your 3D or 2D geometrical model). Eros

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年3月15日 GMT-4 14:41
I don't know well about the 3.5a, but I think it will be the same thing with 3.4.
In 3.4, you should open "Options-Preferences..." Then in the Tab "Visualization" check "Face" under "Render".
Then in the subdomain setting, you can choose a color manually for each group.

Attention please, you can only choose color when you are in the "Groups" tab of the subdomain settings.
I don't know well about the 3.5a, but I think it will be the same thing with 3.4. In 3.4, you should open "Options-Preferences..." Then in the Tab "Visualization" check "Face" under "Render". Then in the subdomain setting, you can choose a color manually for each group. Attention please, you can only choose color when you are in the "Groups" tab of the subdomain settings.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.