Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Integration INSIDE a sub domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to all of you. If anyone knows the answer for this PLEASE help me out!

I have a magnetic cylinder of 0.005m of radius and 0.003 m of height and I am working in 2D axis symmetric mode. I already mapped the values to 3D using extrusion coupling variables.

My question is the following:

If I want to integrate the magnetic flux density over the bottom circular area I do boundary integration there with the "compute surface integral" checked. If I want to integrate the magnetic flux density over the top circular area I do the same on that boundary, But, if I want to integrate the magnetic flux density over the circular area corresponding for example to the middle of the magnetic cylinder, how do I do it? What if I want to integrate the magnetic flux density in z direction (Bz_emqa) over the cross-sectional circular area of the magnetic cylinder corresponding to z= -0.0025, for example ? Am I explaining well my question? I don't have intervals, I have values of the z coordinate and I want to integrate the Magnetic Flux Density over the circular cross-sectional areas corresponding to ALL z values inside the sub domain.

I have been trying to find an operator to compute integration and I haven't found it, and "int", "postint" which appear in the online help of the software have never worked out for me (they always send me an error message).

Thank you very much!!!

0 Replies Last Post 2010年11月1日 GMT-4 08:13
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Igor P.

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.