Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Why I cannot set the time step in 4.0a?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The default is range(0,0.1,1), but when I changes the setting to another range and size, it always runs based on the range(0,0.1,1). What can I do to update this?

Thanks

Wei

1 Reply Last Post 2010年11月1日 GMT-4 01:59
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月1日 GMT-4 01:59
Hi

I assume you are in 4.0 and you are talking about the time step in the highest solver node, where you define the time, but you have also run once the solver so you have a full solver sequence present.

In V4.0 there is missing an update link from the main Time dependent solution settings and the solver settings Parameter (this is also the case for the stationary Continuation parameter), you need either to delete your solution (but this deletes ALSO all related postprocessing) or you update in two places: 1) in the stationary node, and 2) lower down in the Parametre sub node

This is corrected in V4.1, both are linked ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I assume you are in 4.0 and you are talking about the time step in the highest solver node, where you define the time, but you have also run once the solver so you have a full solver sequence present. In V4.0 there is missing an update link from the main Time dependent solution settings and the solver settings Parameter (this is also the case for the stationary Continuation parameter), you need either to delete your solution (but this deletes ALSO all related postprocessing) or you update in two places: 1) in the stationary node, and 2) lower down in the Parametre sub node This is corrected in V4.1, both are linked ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.