Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solution Repeatability

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm running an eigenfrequency analysis with a plane stress model. The modal frequencies seem to vary somewhat wildly every time I run the solver (changing neither the model nor any parameters between runs). Is there any way to assure more repeatable solutions. I am more interested in repeatability than accuracy.

Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 2010年10月30日 GMT-4 01:57

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月30日 GMT-4 01:57
Some solver settings are designed for iterative solving resuming calculation and so forth ,,..

"lack of repeatibility" is a feature then..

for example check the initial solurtion in the solver settings if it is set for previous solution [anything but expression] then you will get a different case every time you run the solver without changing anything... there might be other settings that create the same effect.. read carefully the solver section of the doc and make sure you understand every single setting there [ even the default one]

JF
Some solver settings are designed for iterative solving resuming calculation and so forth ,,.. "lack of repeatibility" is a feature then.. for example check the initial solurtion in the solver settings if it is set for previous solution [anything but expression] then you will get a different case every time you run the solver without changing anything... there might be other settings that create the same effect.. read carefully the solver section of the doc and make sure you understand every single setting there [ even the default one] JF

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.