Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

UNITLESS for COMSOL 4.0a ??? !!!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a model in COMSOL 3.5 version, the new COMSOL 4.0a do not open it, so I decide to rewrite the model,....but my model do not have units in 3.5 COMSOL version, because I do not need it.

I do not know how to set "NONE" units in 4.0a COMSOL version, Could you help me, please?

In COMSOL 3.5, the options are:

NONE
SI
BRITISH ...
CGSA
EMU
But in COMSOL 4.0a version, do not appears "NONE" options, where is that options?

thanks !!!

2 Replies Last Post 2010年10月29日 GMT-4 06:24
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月29日 GMT-4 06:01
Hi

there is no "none" in V4, but why bother ? (see other discussions) units are warnings anyhow, so long you operate coherently it will be right.
Nevertheless, most of the time the units helps us to make coherent BC's, I find them essential but I'm doing engineering physics and not pure math ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there is no "none" in V4, but why bother ? (see other discussions) units are warnings anyhow, so long you operate coherently it will be right. Nevertheless, most of the time the units helps us to make coherent BC's, I find them essential but I'm doing engineering physics and not pure math ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月29日 GMT-4 06:24
Thanks for your answer.
Thanks for your answer.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.